Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Beginning

So. Tomorrow (or actually, today) I leave for my big adventure. After all of this time planning and researching, I really don't know what to think now that I am getting my stuff together for the plane ride down there. This is such a huge transition for me, and on top of that cleaning out the house I have lived in my whole life (a task that I tried my best to complete, despite everything else going on) has been really difficult. I am so lucky that a very lovely, wonderful family (with two dogs!!) is letting me stay with them until I find something of my own, which hopefully won't be nearly as frustrating when I can actually see the places in person. Hopefully, I will find a place and be moved in by the time I start work on August 16, but I will keep updating. I have really been like 90% excited and 10% nervous....something very shocking for me but it is also reinforcing my feeling that I made the right choice and that this is the right city and job for me. I don't plan on sleeping much tonight, since we are leaving for the airport in 4 1/2 hours and I am nowhere near tired, but hopefully I will sleep through the plane ride and wake up just as we are landing in my new home of New Orleans!!!

1 comment:

  1. Miss you already <3 Hope you're having a blast already!

    ReplyDelete